Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Ladies and Gentlemen, Mr . Bobby Dylan.


They just don't make artists like Bob Dylan anymore.  It's hard to find an artist nowadays that can squeeze so much emotion and goodness in a song for me to actually believe that a) they wrote it and b) they haven't used every gadget, widget, and gidget possible to make a track sound like something they couldn't produce themselves.  Just take the once unreleased song, "I'm Not There".  In his wild and exploratory times, he had an eagerness to play music that unavoidably persuades pure pleasure.  Recorded in 1967 with The Band for a release called the Basement Tapes, this track never made it past its first recording.  To me, the unadulterated and raw nature of this track is what draws me to it over and over.  It's a shame it took me as long as it did for me to introduce this song to my ear canal.  Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment